Updating the Toolbox
By default, when the Toolbox is started, it checks for available updates and pops up
an installer if there are any.
choose if and when it automatically checks for updates.
To check manually if updates are available, click on
Help > Check for Updates.
If updates are available, an installer
will pop up.
You can then follow the steps listed below to update the Toolbox:
You will always have the option of reverting to a
previously installed version.
- Review the list of upgrades shown in the update installer and check all the items listed.
History shows changes introduced in a new version.)
- Click Next twice to get to the license agreement.
- Carefully review the license agreements for the upgraded items. If the
terms of all these licenses are acceptable, check "I accept the terms
in the license agreements." Do not proceed to download the software if
the license terms are not acceptable.
- If the license agreements are acceptable, click Finish. This will begin the download and
installation of the updated software.
Some of the items may be digitally signed by the company that provides them.
This allows you to verify more easily that the features and plug-ins
that are about to be downloaded and installed are coming from a trusted supplier.
may be prompted to verify digitally signed content once the signature is
Warning: Because of the possibility of harmful or even malicious software,
you should download software only from parties that you trust.
- Once the software is downloaded and the necessary
files installed on your computer, you will be prompted
to restart the Toolbox. Click Yes
when asked to exit and restart the Toolbox, which completes the update procedure.
- Scheduling automatic updates
- Reverting to a previous Toolbox version
↑ TLA+ Toolbox User's Guide